11973 San Vicente Blvd, Brentwood
Deadline for letters is WEDNESDAY, APRIL 20th
- The Barry Building is a designated Los Angeles landmark, Historic-Cultural Monument #887. Every effort should be taken to avoid the demolition of this designated landmark.
- With its numerous retail spaces and large central courtyard, the Barry Building can be adapted to fit the needs of the Green Hollow Square project.
- The Barry Building can be sensitively upgraded for enhanced energy efficiency to meet the project’s sustainability goals.
- Alternative 4, the preservation alternative, should be the preferred project as it would retain and reuse the Barry Building while meeting many of the project’s goals. These include providing the same number of parking spaces and nearly the same amount of square footage as the currently proposed project.
- Alternative 4 can be further developed and refined to ensure that any new surrounding construction is appropriately designed and integrated with the Barry Building.
- Demolition of the Barry Building, a city landmark, would call into question the City’s ability to protect our cultural heritage when clear adaptive reuse options exist.
- The proposed alterations to the median and coral trees (HCM #148), as an optional plan, should be avoided. This sets a precedent and could invite further changes and cumulative impacts to this linear historic landscape monument.
WHO TO INCLUDE(CC) IN YOUR EMAIL: